A personal injury often has serious or even devastating consequences for those that have been harmed. When personal injuries are cased by the negligent or wrongful conduct of another, the victim is entitled to recover money to compensate him or her for the damages resulting from those injuries. Vermont Personal Injury Attorney David I. Schoen is committed to obtaining the highest amount of compensation for each and every client.
David has been representing personal injury clients for more than 35 years. He has successfully litigated and resolved thousands of such cases. He has built a reputation as a top-flight trial attorney with many sizable verdicts under circumstances where the insurance companies have failed to offer fair money to injury victims. He has agressively sought compensation no matter the obstacles or the opposition, going up against all of those who commit wrongful acts including medical care providers, police and other government officials, and large and powerful corporations.
If you have suffered a personal injury under any circumstance, you need to consult with a personal injury lawyer. If you want to maximize your chances of achieving the best results you will contact the Law Office of David I. Schoen. Call David at (802)484-3900
Examples of Personal Injury Claims
Personal injury cases include claims of Negligence, Medical Malpractice, Dental Malpractice and Worker’s Compensation Law. Specific examples of the types of personal injury cases handled by the Law Office of David I. Schoen include:
- Car accidents
- Wrongful Death Claims in Vermont
- Tractor Trailer Truck Accidents
- Head, Brain, Spinal Cord and Neurological Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Surgical Errors
- Misdiagnoses or Failure to Diagnose
- Pharmaceutical Litigation or Anesthesia Errors
- Nursing Home abuse and neglect
- Premises Injuries
- Recreation Accidents including Skiing Accidents, Playground Accidents, Bicycle Accidents
- Construction, Farm and Work Related Injuries
- Carbon Monoxide and Lead Poisoning
- Food Poisoning
- Products Liability
- Falls, including slips, trips and missteps
- Dog Bites
- Intentional Acts, including defamation, slander and assault
- Explosions and Disasters
- Legal Malpractice
- Defective Products, including pharmaceuticals
- School Accidents
- Injuries caused by alcohol and/or drug abuse
Negligence, Intentional Tort and Strict Liabilties
- Negligence-Negligent conduct is that which is a departure from that degree of care which society considers reasonable under the circumstances. Example: A driver who cases an accident because he or she was texting can be found to be negligent and responsible to pay damages cased by that accident.
- Intentional Tort-Intentional torts are those wrongful acts that are done for the purpose of causing harm to another or with gross disregard for whether or not the act will cause harm. Example: One person deliberately punches another causing an injury.
- Strict Liability-This is usually created by a specific law and does not require proof of negligence or intent to harm. Rather, if injuries are caused by regulated activities, then any damages caused by that conduct are recoverable. Example: The laws of most states hold the owner of a dog with vicious propensities automatically responsible if the dog bites someone.Should I Consult a Vermont Personal Injury Lawyer?
Should I Consult a Personal Injury Lawyer?
If you have been injured in any kind of accident or negligent act you have much to gain and nothing to lose by immediately consulting an experienced Vermont personal injury lawyer. Rarely is bringing a claim simple. Most personal injury attorneys do not charge for an initial consultation so it makes sense to take advantage of this fact. A lot is at stake for you. Your thought process may be clouded by events and those around you who offer advice. When you are in pain, worrying about medical care and resulting bills, it is easy to become overwhelmed. An attempt by insurance companies to quickly settle your claim should be a red flag. Often injuries take time to become fully symptomatic and may take longer to heal than anticipated. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you understand why the amount the insurance company offered is nowhere near the value of the case and how settling the case prematurely could have a negative impact on your life later.
If you have been injured in any of these situations, even if you do not know if your injuries are going to be significant, it is important that you protect yourself by immediately consulting with an experienced and skilled personal injury attorney. Call the Law Office of David I. Schoen at (802)484-3900 or contact him by email.