Search Site
Vermont Car Accident Lawyer

Vermont Car Accident Lawyer

Vermont car accident lawyer David I. Schoen has represented individuals injured or killed in auto accidents for over 35 years of practicing personal injury law.  Car accidents are just one example of motor vehicle accidents in which personal injuries are sustained. Although automobile accidents are the most common of these, Attorney Schoen also represents victims of:

Car Accident Injuries

There are many different injuries that can result from an auto or motor vehicle accident.  Frequently suffered injuries include whiplash, soft tissue injuries, broken bones, loss of limbs, scarring and facial disfigurement, knee injuries, shoulder injuries, wrist injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, nerve damage, serious head injuries, spinal cord injuries, neck injuries, low back injuries, mid-back injuries, disc herniations, spinal stenosis, concussions, traumatic brain injuries, cognitive and memory loss, vertigo, hearing loss, tinnitus, vision loss, depression, anxiety, and even death. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries or been killed as a result of a car accident, other motor vehicle accidents contact the Law Office of David I. Schoen.  David will meet with you to evaluate your case.  This free consultation will provide legal insight into your car or truck accident case. Call David at (802) 484-3900 or email him at [email protected].  Let him answer your questions.

Insurance Concerns after a Car Accident

Car accidents and other motor vehicle accidents can often be quite complicated. Recovery of money damages in all of these cases cannot be obtained unless there was negligent conduct involved. Negligence occurs when the operator of a motor vehicle fails to exercise reasonable care in the operation of that motor vehicle. The complexities of determining how much insurance coverage is available to compensate victims of auto accidents need to be carefully considered. Often there may be more than one insurance policy involved if the negligent party is an underinsured motorist or uninsured motorist. It is best to consult a personal injury attorney knowledgeable and experienced in Vermont car accident cases and litigation before speaking to any insurance company.  Remember, the insurance adjuster works for the insurance company, not for you. Contact Vermont car accident lawyer David I. Schoen for a free consultation at (802)484-3900.  David will be able to answer your questions and address your concerns.

How Will I Pay My Medical Bills and Other Expenses?

If you are insured in the State of Vermont you may have Medical Payment Coverage (Med Pay) which covers your initial medical bills after an accident up to a specific amount, typically $5,000.00.  In the event that there is no Med Pay coverage, it is important that you find other sources which can pay for your medicals bills.  Depending on your situation and coverage, it is possible for your own medical insurance to pay for these bills, but they will expect to be repaid if you receive a recovery against the at-fault party. It is important if you have been injured in a car accident, truck accident, or other motor vehicle accident to consult an experienced personal injury attorney to help you navigate these complex issues.  Attorney David I. Schoen provides free consultation and will make sure you understand your options.  Call David at (802)484-3900 or email him at [email protected].

What to Do if  Involved in a Car Accident 

  1. The first thing to do is to make sure that there are no injuries that prevent you from getting out of the vehicle. If there are no such injuries, got out and away from your vehicle as quickly as possible.
  2. Do not move your vehicle unless it is posing a danger to others or you are directed to do so by a police officer.
  3. If you have a camera or cell phone and are able, take as many photos as possible of all of the damages to all of the vehicles, the location of the vehicles, and the place where the accident occurred. If you have an opportunity you can also take photos of the site lines that the drivers had before impact and any traffic control devices in the vicinity. If you are not able, perhaps someone could take the pictures for you.
  4. Call the police as soon as you are able and have them call an ambulance if you have any questions that you have been injured.
  5. Obtain the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any potential witnesses.
  6. Exchange information with the other driver. Make sure you get a proper street address and that you obtain all relevant insurance information.  DO NOT discuss how the accident happened.
  7. If you are hurt, get checked out at the hospital. Make sure that you mention all of the parts of the body that are bothering you, no matter how slight, because chances are you will feel worse rather than better over the course of the next 24-48 hours.
  8. Make sure you get an accurate account of how the accident occurred to the police, ambulance personnel, and hospital personnel. Ask them to read back what they wrote as to how the accident occurred to make sure that it is accurate. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except YOUR insurance company and attorney.
  9. Report the accident to your insurance company as soon as you get the opportunity to do so, preferably within 24 hours.
  10. Consult with a Vermont Car Accident Lawyer as soon as possible to answer your questions and address your concerns.

Contact an experienced personal injury attorney such as David I. Schoen who represents Vermonters injured in car accidents, truck accidents, train, boat, bus, motorcycle, and aviation accidents.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
West Windsor Office
579 Cemetery Road
West Windsor, Vermont 05089
Phone: 802-484-3900
Fax: 802-484-3100